NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry The students usually get confused on how much to write the answers in chemistry. Sometimes they get confused between two similar looking questions and mess up with the answer. Moreover, the length of the answer is another challenge for the students.
A vivid and subtle answer to these questions is must if you are preparing for your board examination.
We intend to frame the answers by just not looking at a student’s perspective but also satisfy thinking of the examiner. The CBSE releases the answer keys every year for the board exams set. We strictly adhere to it as we believe every single mark is important.
The solution to all problems listed comes in the form of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry PDF. All the solutions are well curated keeping in mind the latest examination trend and also following the previous year’s question papers.
You can also Download Free NCERT Textbooks for class 1st to 12th
Class 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions Free PDF Download Chapter wise
Download Complete NCERT Solutions PDF from class 6th to 12th.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry – Free PDF Download
As per the latest CBSE syllabus, NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry book has 16 chapters that comprise of various sections of –
- Organic chemistry.
You will get an insight about –
1. The various chemical compounds present in the earth’s crust
2. Properties of matter and associated reactions
3. The periodic table of elements known
4. Organic compounds like
- – haloalkanes
- – haloarenes
- – alcohols
- – phenols
- – ethers
- – acids, and its properties
5. Polymers and biomolecules
6. Application & implementation of chemistry in everyday life.
NCERT Sols for Class 12
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths, Phy, Chem, Bio with study material and notes for revision are given below. You can also download contents for Business studies, P. E. and English in PDF.
Each chapter included in the curriculum of Class 12 elaborates on the intricacies of the concerned topic. You are enriched with the knowledge of chemical compounds and their properties through various chapters included in the syllabus.
Furthermore, grasping the ultimate concept of a topic and solving questions on your own can be daunting. In this regard, our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions come handy. You can learn precisely and to the point answers that are easy to memorize and write in the exam.
Our solutions are prepared by expert tutors who are diligent and experienced in the subject. You can make use of the solution for the first time practicing or for self-assessment before exams.
You can easily access the Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions online or download the PDFs in your laptop or mobile devices and study from anyplace and anytime.
A. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 1: The Solid State – All Questions
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry exclusively discusses the solid state of matter and how its shape and nature of bonding of associated particles affect properties induced by that particular solid compound. The chapter includes exercise questions and intext questions that ask students to answer and solve various topics, as explained in the chapter.
Exercise Questions 1 to 26 can be broadly divided into two kinds –
1. Theoretical or classify type questions
- – Question 3 asks you to classify the given solids into one of the categories of ionic, metallic, covalent, or amorphous solid.
- – Question 7 has three subsections that contain a pair of terms that you need to distinguish by providing valid reasons. (like crystal lattice and unit cell, tetrahedral void, and octahedral void)
- – Question 10 asks you to evaluate the efficiency of packing in a simple cubic, body-centered cubic, and face-centered cubic metal crystal.
- – Question 11 asks you to calculate the atomic mass of silver when its edge length and density are provided for face-centered cube lattice.
You can solve numerical questions or write accurate answers to theoretical questions as well by referring to Chemistry NCERT Solution 12. Equip the necessary study arrangements to ensure you never lag in your academic pursuits.
Apart from the exercise questions, 24 questions are included in the Intext exercise that questions you about the different solid-state concepts from the chapter. You can solve the questions yourself or seek help from our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions as they give precise answers for your learning.
B. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 2: Solutions – All Questions
Chapter 2 discusses solutions, its formation, properties of a solution, the concentration of solution and solvents in various proportions, and other related laws. Subsequently, NCERT books Solutions Class 12 Chemistry helps you answer both intext questions and exercise questions.
There are 12 Intext questions which are all of the numerical types and can be solved by concentrating on the various concepts of solutions explained in the chapter.
- – Question 1 asks you to evaluate the mass percentage of benzene and carbon tetrachloride in a prepared solution of 22g benzene and 122 g of carbon tetrachloride.
- – In Question 3, you need to calculate the molarity of various provided solutions.
- – Question 9 requires you to calculate the vapor pressure of water and its relative lowering in a given solution.
Further, NCERT Exercise questions cover all topics, as discussed in the chapter through theoretical and numerical questions.
- – Question 1, 2, & 3 asks you to define terms like solution and state its types, provide examples of solid solution where the solute is a gas, define mole fraction, molarity, molality, mass percentage, etc.
- – In Question 18, you need to calculate the mass of a non-volatile solute that can be dissolved in 114 g octane to reduce its vapor pressure to 80%.
Such questions are important from the exam point of view and acquiring the right concept from the beginning is necessary for you to secure good grades in your academic pursuits. Referring to our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions will help you gain insight into the associated concept and how to write accurate answers to complicated questions.
C. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry 3: Electrochemistry – All Questions
Chapter 3 discusses the study of chemical processes that produce electricity (by the movement of electrons) in a given solution. Several principles of oxidation and reduction reactions (redox reactions) are explained in the chapter, which has implementations in the manufacture of batteries, cells, and other chemical applications.
Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions explain all 15 intext exercise questions thoroughly that can be studied, memorized, and practiced with ease. Here are some of the essential questions from intext exercise –
- – Question 9 requires you to calculate the degree of dissociation and its dissociation constant when molar conductivity for a given mol/L of methanoic acid is given.
- – In question 15, you need to explain that iron rusting is similar to the setting up of an electrochemical cell.
Further, NCERT exercise comprises of 18 questions some of which are given as follows
- – Question 1 and 2 is an arrangement type question where you need to arrange the elements in order, as mentioned in the question. Question1 requires you to arrange metals in order of which they displace each other from their salt solute. Question 2 asks you to arrange the metals in increasing g order of their reducing power.
- – In question 4, you need to calculate the standard cell potential of a galvanic cell for different reactions as provided.
- – Question 17 and 18 is a prediction type question, where question 17 asks you to predict if the given reaction between two metals or ions is feasible or not. In question 18, you need to predict the final product of electrolysis in a given solution.
While solving these questions can get complicated, you can cross-refer to the Class 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions provided by Vedantu. Drafted by subject experts, they are the best study materials for any Standard 12 students, about to appear in their upcoming CBSE board examination.
D. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 4: Chemical Kinetics – All Questions
Chapter 4 deals with the intricate concept of Chemical Kinetics which is considered in contrast with thermodynamics as it exclusively discusses the rate of chemical reactions. You can access our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions to get well-versed with a rate of reaction, associated factors affecting the rate, the order of reaction, catalyst, etc.
Intext exercise comprises of 9 questions that ask you to solve questions that require in-depth knowledge of the described topic.
– Question 5 asks to calculate the time taken by a 5g reactant to reduce to 3g in a first-order reaction whose rate constant is mentioned.
– In question 9, you need to calculate the fraction of molecules of reactants that have energy equal to, or more than the activation energy for a given reaction. Note that activation energy for the reaction is provided in the question.
Exercise questions included in this chapter has 30 questions, which cover all important topics that might form exam questions.
- – In question 7, you need to answer about the effect of temperature on the rate, constant of a reaction. Also, you need to mention a quantitative representation of how temperature affects rate constant.
- – Question 13 asks you to determine the half-life of a first-order reaction for various values of rate constants given.
- – Question 18 asks you to prove that the time needed for 99% completion of a first-order reaction is twice the time necessary for 90% completion of a reaction.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry guides you in solving such complicated questions. Acquire the study material and learn uninterruptedly.
E. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5: Surface Chemistry – All Questions
Chapter 5 discusses the fundamental concept of surface chemistry –
1.Chemical reactions occurring at interfaces of solid-liquid, liquid-gas, solid-gas, etc. and
2. Study of other related terms like
- – Adsorption
- – Emulsion
- – Colloids, and
- – Catalysis reactions
Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions help you study the answer to such associated questions.
The intext exercise has eight theoretical questions
- – Question 1 demands to write two characteristics of Chemisorption.
- – Question 2 asks you to state the reasons why there is a decrease in physisorption with an increase in temperature.
- – In Question 3, you need to give reasons why powdered substances are better adsorbents than their crystalline forms.
- – Question 4 asks you about Haber’s process – why removal of CO is necessary.
- – Question 5 asks to give a reason why ester hydrolysis reacts slowly in the beginning and then becomes faster.
NCERT exercise questions cover all topics, as discussed in the 5th chapter of Surface Chemistry. It consists of questions that help you prepare for exams in a better way.
- – Questions 1 & 2 ask you to state the difference between two terms, which are adsorption & absorption, and Physisorption & Chemisorption.
- – Question 10 asks you to discuss the effects of pressure and temperature on the adsorption of gases and solids.
- – Question 19 asks you to sight four examples of heterogeneous catalysis.
- – Question 27 asks you to comment on a statement that “colloid isn’t a substance but state of a substance”.
This chapter has theoretical questions mostly that can easily be followed up with – this makes fetching marks in this section an easy affair. Refer to NCERT Chemistry Class 12 Solutions and discover answers that can be useful.
F. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 6: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements – All Questions
Dealing with Metals and Metallurgy, Chemistry Chapter 6 General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements is a vital chapter added in the CBSE curriculum for Class 12. In this regard, our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions can help learn how to write answers to exercise questionnaire.
This chapter contains 4 questions in its intext exercise –
- – Question 1 provides you with the name of some ores, and you need to write which of them can be concentrated by the magnetic separation method.
- – Question 2 demands to know the importance of leaching in the extraction of aluminum.
- – Question 3 provides you with a thermodynamically feasible reaction that does not take place at room temperature. You need to state the reason why the reaction doesn’t take place at room temperature.
- – In question 4, you need to state conditions at which Mg can reduce Al2O3, and Al can reduce MgO.
NCERT exercises further contain 27 questions that include intricate concepts to help you prepare for the exam.
– In question 8, students need to write a chemical reaction for the extraction of zinc from zinc blende.
- – Question 10 and 11 asks you about what is chromatography and about the criterion followed for selection of stationary phase in chromatography.
- – In question 17, students need to give a reason why a copper matter is put in a silica lined converter.
- – In question 22, you need to write, which is a better reducing agent C or CO for ZnO.
Most questions in this exercise require you to write chemical reactions and state important reasons for it. Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions can help you in this regard as accuracy and self-assessment can be done conveniently.
G. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 7: The p-Block Elements – All questions
Chapter 7 exclusively deals with the p-block elements found in the period table and its preparation, properties, and applications. To solve complicated questions that are based on the topics above, Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions provided by Vedantu comes handy.
Further, several in-text exercises, along with NCERT exercise, has been included in the chapter to check students’ understanding of the topic.
In text questionnaire section has 40 questions, some of which are
- – In question 7, you need to describe how copper metal can produce different end products on reacting with HNO3.
- – Question 11 asks you to give reasons about why NH3 is basic while BiH3 is feebly basic.
- – Question 17 requires you to justify why elements of group 16 are kept in the same group in terms of oxidation state, hydride formation, and electronic configuration.
NCERT exercise further covers various topics from the chapter in a total of 34 questions. Some of the essential questions included in the exercise are
– Question 17 is bifurcated in two sections, each containing incomplete reactions that you need to complete and balance it.
– To answer question 18, you need to state why O3 is a powerful oxidizing agent.
– Question 30 asks you to answer which two poisonous gases can be formed from chlorine gas.
– In question 32, you need to give reasons why the diving apparatus utilizes helium.
Providing reasons for the chemical reactions and occurrences might be complex and thereby acquiring the needed study help from our NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Solutions can be of assistance. You can excel in exams by practicing answers from our quality solutions.
H. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 8: The d and f-Block Elements – All Questions
Elements of d and f block, their electronic configuration, different chemical properties, reactivity, the study of transition elements, etc. are discussed in Chapter 8 of The d and f block elements.
NCERT exercise for this chapter contains 38 questions that cover all topics as described in the book.
– In question 1, you need to write down the electronic configuration of various ions as given.
– Question 7 asks about Lanthanoid contraction and its consequences.
– Question 22 asks you to define disproportionation and give two examples of it in aqueous solution.
– Question 28 requires you to define inner transition elements and gives a few atomic numbers, out of which you need to decide which are the atomic number of inner transition elements.
Considering the number of elements and associated properties one has to read and understand, it might get difficult for you to seek the answer to every question on your own. To address this problem, we offer Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions that educates you on solving these questions and writing precise answers for it.
Accordingly, our NCERT Solution Class 12 Chemistry can help you secure good grades in examination while educating you about the d and f block elements.
I. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 9: Coordination Compounds – All Questions
Chapter 9 discusses the intricate concept of coordination compounds that have a central atom, usually metallic, surrounded by several atoms and molecules. You can learn more about the topic by studying Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions, which are beneficial for exam preparation.
NCERT exercise comprises of 32 questions that focus on critical topics that are important from exam perspective.
– Question 11 is segregated in three sections, each having a compound; you need to draw geometrical and optical isomers of all these compounds.
– In question 20, you need to state why a particular solution is green, while the other is colorless.
– Question 26 asks you to describe the Chelate effect by providing an example.
– Question 31 contains four options; you need to choose which is the stable most complex out of these.
Along with such NCERT exercise solutions, our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions also provide solutions for the other 11 questions included as part of intext questions. Our solutions prepared by subject experts can be helpful in your learning endeavor.
J. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 10: Haloalkenes and Haloarenes – All Questions
Chapter 10 discusses Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, the nomenclature of organic compounds as per the IUPAC system, associated reactions, and its application. Utilize our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions to get accurate answers that are potent enough to fetch high marks.
NCERT exercise contains 22 questions that focus on all these concepts so that you can learn and perform better in the exam.
– Questions 1 and 2 both ask you to name the compounds as per the IUPAC system.
– In Question 3, you need to draw structures of a compound whose name is given.
– Question 8 asks you to define ambident nucleophiles with an example.
– Question 22 has been divided into six sub-sections, each asking reasons like what happens when some compound is treated with some other. (Like Chlorobenzene when subjected to hydrolysis, ethyl chloride with aqueous KOH)
Chemistry NCERT Solutions Class 12 prepared by our subject experts will help you explain answers to such questions. Practice questions or jot down important questions and revise before the exam for better performance.
Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions are available online and in the form of PDFs that are free of cost and can be downloaded easily.
K. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 11: Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids – All Questions
Chapter 8 describes alcohol, phenols, and ethers, their properties, formation, reaction, nomenclature, and applications. Further, exercise questions are to test if you are well-versed with the described concept. Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions help you write accurate answers for that.
NCERT exercise contains 33 questions that you need to learn and practice to perform sufficiently in the exam.
– In question 1, you need to write IUPAC names of 12 different compounds whose structure was given. Conversely, question 2 asks you to draw the structure of 10 different compounds whose IUPAC names are given.
– Question 6 asks you to describe the hydroboration-oxidation reaction with an example.
– In question 11, you need to write the mechanism of hydration of ethane to produce ethanol.
– Question 21 lists six different questions; you need to name the reagents used in these reactions as answers.
Grasping the concept might be difficult just by studying the books and hence our NCERT Solution of Chemistry Class 12 can provide you with required study aid. You can learn the nomenclature of alcohols, phenols, ethers, and associated reactions.
L. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 12: Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids – All Questions
Chapter 12 of Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic acids have two questionnaire sections, in-text questions, and NCERT exercise questions. Here, look at some of the important questions from the chapter which can be easily solved using our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions.
– In question 9, you need to write structural formulas and names of four prospective condensation products formed from propanal and butanal. You also need to indicate which aldehyde acts as an electrophile and which acts as a nucleophile.
– Question 13 has seven sections each having a pair of compounds (like Phenol and benzoic acid). You need to give a simple chemical test to differentiate the two terms.
These questions might be tricky to solve, but acquiring help from our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions can ease your problem. You can also learn answers of 8 intext questions by accessing these. Practice questions anytime and anywhere by downloading our PDFs.
M. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 13: Amines – All Questions
Chapter 13 exclusively discusses Amines which are an important organic compound found in proteins, vitamins, hormones, alkaloids, etc. Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions give you a well-versed knowledge of this concept by providing answers to exercise and intext questions. NCERT exercise consists of 14 questions, some of which are listed below
– Question 1 is divided into seven sections, each containing an amine compound. You need to write IUPAC names of the amines and classify them in primary, secondary, and tertiary amines.
– Question 6 asks you to describe the method for identifying primary, secondary, and tertiary amines while writing chemical equations of the associated reactions.
– Question 8 has six sections which ask you to accomplish conversions as given (like benzoic acid to aniline etc.)
You can also refer nine intext questions of Chapter 13 using our NCERT Solution Chemistry Class 12 that provide enriching answers apt for an exam.
N. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 14: Biomolecules – All Questions
Chapter 14 is dedicated to Biomolecules, which are the molecules present in or produced by living organisms. Carbohydrates, Proteins, Nucleic acids, and lipids are some significant biomolecules. Learn answers to essential chapter questions with our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions which can be accessed easily online or can be downloaded.
– Chapter 14 exercise has 24 questions that cover all key topics.
– Questions 1 asks you to define monosaccharides, while question 2 asks you to define reducing sugars.
– As answers to question 7, you need to write hydrolysis products of sucrose and lactose.
– Question 8 asks you to differentiate starch from cellulose, based on its structure.
– In question 13, you need to write common types of the secondary structure of proteins.
With such questions in the exercise along with eight other intext questions, you might find it challenging to solve everything on your own. In this regard, our NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry can be helpful. You can memorize answers easily and learn to solve questions conveniently at your pace.
O. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 15: Polymers – All Questions
Chapter 15 discusses Polymers – macromolecules that are used in everyday life. NCERT exercise in this chapter of Polymers comprises of 20 questions that you must learn to solve. You can access our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions available online or in free PDF formats to start learning.
– Question 5 is a simple question asking to define the term polymerization.
– Question 11 asks you to define thermoplastics and thermosetting polymers by giving appropriate examples.
– Question 17 has four sections, each containing a polymer. You need to write the names and structure of monomers.
Polymers are an important topic which you need to learn not only from exam perspective but for acquiring knowledge about the subject as well.
Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions prepared by expert tutors provide standard and quality answers to exercise and intext questions that can be useful in gaining good grades.
P. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 16: Chemistry in Everyday Life – All Questions
Chapter 16 discusses chemistry in everyday life and asks you related questions to test your knowledge of the chapter. NCERT exercise has 27 questions that are prepared to make you understand various concepts of chemistry. Our Chemistry Class 12 NCERT Solutions can further help you learn answers to the questions.
– Question 3 asks you to name macromolecules that are chosen as drug targets.
– In question 9, you need to explain broad-spectrum antibiotics.
– Question 22 asks you to define biodegradable and non-biodegradable detergents with examples.
You can make use of Solutions Chemistry Class 12 important questions with answers PDF and make sure that you learn the answers positively. Memorize the answers and pass your examination with flying colors.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry text books play a vital role in building a sound foundation of concepts. As they are apt and affordable, therefore are recommended by CBSE and other state boards in their respective curriculum. The scope of NCERT text books is not only limited to board examination but to prepare the student for entrance examination as well.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry is always considered as a boring and difficult subject due to poor concept building by the schools and coaching classes. But after studying the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry PDF, you will understand how wonderful chemistry can be.
All the concepts are well explained with appropriate reasoning. We have also provided alternate solution in case it’s applicable. The language used in the b ook is easy to digest and quick to grasp even by a slow learner.
Chemistry is a study of matter and its interactions and applications with energy and other matter. Chemistry has a very important role to play in medical science in term of pharma industry. All the medicines are developed with sound understanding of the chemical concepts.
All the 16 chapters are covered completely in our solution books. The concepts of organic chemistry are explained in such a simple manner that will power you to become a master in that. The shorthand keys to periodic table are also provided which will help the students to better memorize the elements of the periodic table and the p,d,f blocks are explained in well defined manner.
Download your free copy of NCERT chemistry solutions for class XII without any need for login or signup.
If none of the downloading link work, feel free to comment down below.